Helping you reach your potential and make a meaningful contribution to the world of work
The Vita bursary aims to enable students to attend universities outside of London and to use their degrees to pursue a meaningful career.
The bursary has been made possible by the huge generosity of two donors who would like to enable students to be able to afford to succeed at university.
Up to 5 students a year will be awarded a bursary of approx. £3,000 a year. Selection will be based on the best applications received. Future payments beyond the first year will depend on the quarterly reports submitted.
Vita bursary selection criteria
To be awarded the bursary, there are qualifying conditions:
1. Attendance of at least 93% during Year 13
2. Punctuality to lessons and school of at least 95%
3. Achieving at least Outstanding or Good attitude to learning grades in each report
4. Evidence of financial hardship through being in receipt of Free School Meals, 16-19 bursary or other evidence of limited household income
5. A confirmed place at a university outside of London where you are living away from home
6. A degree with a vocational link and a plan for how your degree will link to a career after university
7. Willingness to produce a quarterly report on your progress during your time in receipt of the bursary
Vita bursary selection process
The sequence and timeline is as follows:
3. Successful applicants will be informed in May 2018
4. On confirmation of a university place outside London in August 2018, bursary awards will be confirmed
5. After the start of the university academic year in October 2018, the first of two payments will be made, the second in March 2019