The goal of the Paddington Academy Physical Education is to provide the students with the skills and knowledge that will prepare them to develop and maintain lifelong physical activity. This includes understandings of:
- The basic components of physical fitness-strength, power, endurance, and flexibility.
- The skills and confidence needed to be physically active and how to assess personal levels of physical fitness.
- The need for students to be involved with physical activity outside of the school setting.
- The importance of achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Make decisions in respect of their own work, including the planning of movement sequences and tactics: the organisation of equipment and the application of rules.
- Remember refine, adapt and apply knowledge, practical skills and concepts in a variety of activities and movement situations.
- Observe assess and evaluate their own performance and the performance of others, using appropriate technical and aesthetic vocabulary.
- Understand and appreciate the importance of hygiene and fitness, and benefits of having an active lifestyle. Know and understand the principles of safe practice, and demonstrate considerations for their own and others safety at all times.
- Behave responsibly; show respect for themselves, their peers and adults, and respond sympathetically and positively in group situations.
To see the Paddington Academy PE kit please go to the Paddington Academy uniform page
- Sports Hall Athletics
- Cross Country
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities