- About Us
- Academy Info
- Parent Zone
- Year 7 - 11
- Sixth Form
- News & Events
- Dear Boris...
- Paddington Academy Hosts the CBI
- PA students being interviewed by the Guardian on their GCSE results
- Best Results Ever!
- Bonjour Paris!
- PA Gold Awards 2012
- PA Sailing Adventure
- The Power of PA Students` Voice
- Will Smith Befriends PA Student
- Leading The Way In Celebrating Cultural Diversity
- Top Award for PA Army Cadet
- The Search for Blue Minds Competition
- Outward Bound Trip to Lake District
- UCAS Mentoring Event at the Hilton Metropole Hotel
- Results Day
- Paddington Success Nationally
- Contact Us
- 19th May 2013
Merci Beaucoup Stowe Youth Trust!
At the end of the academic year, 23 AS students studying Art, Design and Photography spent three days in Paris taking in the sights, art and architecture as part of a personal study. The trip was fully funded by the generosity of the Stowe Youth Trust to encourage students` creativity whilst developing new life skills.
As well as observational drawings and photographs of the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, the students went on a river cruise along the Seine and saw the city of light from the heights of Montparnasse and the Sacre Coeur. During their stay, PA students tried to take in as much Parisian art and joie de vivre as they could, they went to the Musee d’Orsay and the Musee de Paume and enjoyed the Champs Elysees in the moon light.
Highlights included seeing the Eiffel Tower when it was all lit up at night, the remarkable art work in the Musee d’Orsey, getting to grips with the Metro and trying new cuisine including snails. The lovely hot weather helped to make this an amazing trip as it gave the students plenty of time to explore the city and spend time on their art, design and photographic studies.
Thank you to the Stowe Youth Trust for sponsoring this charming and very artistic experience.