- About Us
- Academy Info
- Parent Zone
- Year 7 - 11
- Sixth Form
- News & Events
- Dear Boris...
- Paddington Academy Hosts the CBI
- PA students being interviewed by the Guardian on their GCSE results
- Best Results Ever!
- Bonjour Paris!
- PA Gold Awards 2012
- PA Sailing Adventure
- The Power of PA Students` Voice
- Will Smith Befriends PA Student
- Leading The Way In Celebrating Cultural Diversity
- Top Award for PA Army Cadet
- The Search for Blue Minds Competition
- Outward Bound Trip to Lake District
- UCAS Mentoring Event at the Hilton Metropole Hotel
- Results Day
- Paddington Success Nationally
- Contact Us
- 18th May 2013
Academic Support at Key Stage 3
Following the extraordinary achievements that the KS4 Success Unit has created for students, PA has opened a new KS3 Success Unit. The unit is located on the blue side of the building on the ground floor. The programme is specifically designed to support students achieving their academic targets in Maths, Science and English.
To make the most of academic life students of the Success Unit, will be supported in a variety of ways:
1. In-class support in any of the 3 main subjects.
In some lessons, support will be provided to develop their understanding and monitor their work. Records will be kept of how they are doing and used for discussion with students and parents.
2. Access to homework club with use of computers.
After school from 3.30 to 5.00pm (year 9 on Wednesday only). Students can come to the Success Unit and be helped by a teacher. There are also resources (textbooks, worksheets, computers) to help them with classwork and/or homework.
3. Small group withdrawal in a specific subject.
There could be some withdrawal to look specifically at how the student operates as a learner. This will then be used to help them with very specific curriculum tasks/projects.
4. One-to-one discussions on individual progress.
Meetings with the students individually to discuss their academic success and their difficulties. Thank you for taking the time to read this and supporting your child’s progress whilst in our care. However, should you have any further questions or wish to discuss any matters regarding your child then please do not hesitate to call or send me an e-mail.
Phone: 020 7479 3900