CONGRATULATIONS TO PADDINGTON ACADEMY’S CLASS OF ’22!
~ 55% of entries achieve the top A* and A grades ~
The academy had a similarly good performance in its vocational qualifications with 68% of entries achieving grade Distinction or Distinction*. 95% were graded at Merit or above.
This year saw the highest number of A Levels studied at the school with 290 entries across a wide range of subjects, a 30% increase from 2021 and a 50% increase from 2019.
These strong results mean over 40% of students already have a confirmed place at a Russell Group university (four times the national average) with more expected to be confirmed in the coming days.
Students celebrating today include:
· Rewan Moussa – who achieved the highest results with five A* in Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Arabic and secured a place to read medicine at Exeter University;
· Baizeed Ahmed who achieved four A*s securing a place to read Computer Science at Imperial College, London;
· Elya Shahhosseini who achieved three A*s and an A securing a place to read Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial College, London;
· Farah Ramani who achieved three A*s securing a place to read Midwifery at King’s College, London;
· Yasser Anwoir who achieved three A*s securing a place to read Economics at Queen Mary University of London;
· Mohammed Mahed who achieved two A*s and one A securing a place to read Politics and Economics at LSE;
· Anfal Lamri who achieved three Distinction*s securing a place to read Applied Medical Sciences at University College London;
· Shelan Fatah who achieved three Distinction*s securing a place to read Pharmacology at Kingston University.
Elya Shah Hosseini said: "I'm over the moon about my results as I thought I wouldn't get these grades. I'm really looking forward to studying Aeronautical Engineering as it will help me towards my goal of becoming an astronaut. I believe that any girl can do this."
Jibril Tabed said: "I was shocked by my results. I thought I would have to take a gap year and reapply. But I really worked hard this year and I made sure that every mock exam I took seriously and worked hard at it. I revised really hard. I'm so happy because LSE is a prestigious university and it will be perfect for me to get to study there. I'm so happy today."
Commenting on the students’ achievements, Peter Jones, Principal at Paddington Academy, said: “This is a yet another fantastic set of results and I am very proud of what our students have achieved. Despite the challenges of COVID, we have sought to continue to provide our students with a high-quality, enriching and engaging education which will enable them to follow their careers of choice and we have focused specifically on the quality of teaching this year to help them catch-up. I am therefore delighted that so many students have secured places to study their chosen subjects at their preferred universities. I have no doubt that they will display the same level of commitment to their university courses as they have done whilst at school. They are a shining example of what can be achieved and will be inspire our younger students to achieve similar goals. I wish our Year 13 leavers the very best and thank them for the contribution they have all made to our academy community.”