What will students learn?
Students will study a range of business functions including strategy, finance, marketing, human resources, influences and operations. Students will learn theory through the lens of practical application with the use of real case studies. BTEC Enterprise students will focus on building entrepreneurial skills through exploring and developing their own micro enterprise and learning how to manage the finance and marketing for their exams.
In KS4 students will study
Yr10 – Content for Paper 1
Yr11 – Content for Paper 2 with revision for both papers
Students apply their knowledge and understanding to different business contexts ranging from small enterprises to large multinationals and businesses operating in local, national and global contexts. Students develop an understanding of how these contexts impact on business behaviour.
Students will apply their knowledge and understanding to business decision making including:
- the interdependent nature of business activity, influences on business, business operations, finance, marketing and human resources, and how these interdependencies underpin business decision-making
- how different business contexts affect business decisions
- the use and limitation of quantitative and qualitative data in making business decisions.
- use business terminology to identify and explain business activity
- apply business concepts to familiar and unfamiliar contexts
- develop problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to business
- investigate, analyse and evaluate business opportunities and issues
- make justified decisions using both qualitative and quantitative data including its selection, interpretation, analysis and evaluation, and the application of appropriate quantitative skills.
How will students receive feedback?
At Paddington, all students will receive regular feedback from formative assessment tasks. Within the curriculum, specific tasks are allocated for feedback. This ensures all students gain regular feedback. Teachers will mark student work and provide targeted feedback that enables students to improve their work and make progress. To support student understanding, teachers plan high-quality re-teach time to prepare students for their feedback. Across each term, students will receive feedback from multiple tasks.
What examinations / assessments do students have at the end of KS4?
Exam board: AQA
GCSE – 2 exams, 1h 45m each
What resources can be used to support learning?