What will students learn?
Students will develop:
- A sense of place and location on a local, national and global scale
- Physical and human processes that shape our planet
- Issues of sustainability
- Case studies of a range of countries at different levels of development
- How to undertake geographical investigations
In KS3 students will study
- Geographical Skills and Investigations: Safety and Security
- The World of Work
- Weather and Climate
- Population and Migration
- Energy and Climate Change
- Life in an Emerging Country
- Geographical Skills and Investigations: Crime
How will students receive feedback?
At Paddington, all students will receive regular feedback from formative assessment tasks. Within the curriculum, specific tasks are allocated for feedback. This ensures all students gain regular feedback. Teachers will mark student work and provide targeted feedback that enables students to improve their work and make progress. To support student understanding, teachers plan high-quality re-teach time to prepare students for their feedback. Across each term, students will receive feedback from multiple tasks.
What resources can be used to support learning?