What will students learn?
In KS4 students will explore three components. Component one- Written Exam on Noughts and Crosses and Live Theatre Review. Component two- Devising and creating theatre. Component three- Performing a script. In all of these components, students will practically explore past and current theatre practitioners, job roles and develop many transferable skills that are highly desired for university and beyond.
In KS4 students will study
- Acting and Design in Noughts and Crosses. Taking a script from page to stage. Exploring style, context, form, characterisation. This is an exciting text set in a Dystopian world where two groups Noughts and Crosses face inequality and divide. It is based on world famous Malorie Blackman novel and pupils exploring it will both stage it to a live audience and write about it in exam.
- Pupils will be taken to see multiple live pieces of theatre to widen their knowledge and then develop evaluative and analytical skills in a theatre review. An opportunity to give their opinion and develop a sense of voice.
- Pupils will be given a range of stimulus to create group pieces of theatre from. Taking either an acting or design option they will decide on the: style, themes, dialogue, physical staging, characters and plot, performing to a live audience and documenting their process with evaluative and analytic skills throughout.
- Pupils will be given a range of scripts to choose from and apply their acting skills in a page to stage performance to an examiner.
How will students receive feedback?
At Paddington, all students will receive regular feedback from formative assessment tasks. Within the curriculum, specific tasks are allocated for feedback. This ensures all students gain regular feedback. Teachers will mark student work and provide targeted feedback that enables students to improve their work and make progress. To support student understanding, teachers plan high-quality re-teach time to prepare students for their feedback. Across each term, students will receive feedback from multiple tasks.
What examinations / assessments do students have at the end of KS4?
Exam board: AQA
40% Exam Paper- 1 hour 45minutes
- Section A- Job roles and responsibilities
- Section B- Noughts and Crosses Acting Questions
- Section C- Live Theatre Review
40% Devising and Written Log Coursework
20% Script Performance Exam
What resources can be used to support learning?